Centre for Natural Resource Governance calls on the government of Zimbabwe to:
· De-militarize, de-politicize and de-securitize Zimbabwe’s natural resources sector and its governance.
· Open democratic space in resource-rich communities so that they practice free, prior and informed consent.
· Promote inclusion of key stakeholders such as mineral host communities, Civic Sector Organisations and the Parliament of Zimbabwe in the decision-making process of natural resource governance.
· Ensure public meetings in mineral-rich communities are permitted and community grievances acknowledged and acted on.
· Open space for media to freely operate in resource-rich areas such as Marange, Hwange and Mutoko.