Corporates Kenya

𝗟𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗮𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝘁-𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗟𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗮

𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗮, 𝗠𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

The National Assembly Committee on Lands, chaired Hon. Joash Nyamoko, MP North Mugirango, conducted a fact-finding mission today to examine the ongoing land dispute between DelMonte Limited and the Kandara Residents Association.

During the visit, Committee Members were taken to the two parcels of disputed land, known as CHUI (1 and 2), which are currently occupied by DelMonte Kenya.

The land in question encompasses 14,754.14 acres in Muranga County and 7,890 acres in Kiambu County, both of which are being utilized by Delmonte Limited.

As part of the proposed resolution, a total of 4,843 acres is slated to be reverted to the County Government of Muranga. Out of this, 70% will be allocated to the Kandara Residents Association, while the remaining 30% will be retained by the county government. In addition, the County Government of Kiambu is entitled to 2,606 acres, with the Kandara Residents Association receiving 70% and the county government retaining the remaining 30%.

During the Committee’s visit, residents of Kandara passionately appealed to the members for assistance in reclaiming the 70% portion of the land, as specified by the National Lands Commission.

Following the site visit, a meeting was held where Legislators encouraged the residents to remain peaceful and expressed their commitment to ensuring justice is served.

Members of the National Assembly Committee Lands reiterated that they will thoroughly investigate the matter and find a fair and equitable resolution for all parties involved. Their visit to the disputed land in Kandara marks a significant step towards resolving this long-standing issue, and Lawmakers assured the residents that their concerns are being heard and addressed.

As the Committee continues its work, it is anticipated that a comprehensive report will be presented, outlining the findings and recommendations.

13thParliament #bungeworkingke

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *