Renewable Energy Forum Africa (REFA) is proud to announce its highly anticipated annual conference, set to take place from October 4th to 6th, 2023, at the Sarit Expo Center in Nairobi. Following the success of the 2022 event in Cape Town, South Africa, REFA 2023 will once again serve as a pivotal platform for advancing renewable energy investment in Africa.
REFA, brings together a diverse range of stakeholders, including institutional and private investors, project developers, policy makers, energy utilities, regulators, corporates, and influential energy sector decision-makers. This gathering represents a unique opportunity to foster collaborations and drive investment in the African renewable energy sector.
“Africa is often pointed out as lagging behind the rest of the world in terms of renewable energy projects and investments. But an important wind of change is already blowing, with innovative and bankable solar, green hydrogen or e-mobility projects popping up all across the continent. Africa has ideal renewable energy resources and is well-positioned to play a major role in the global effort against climate change. As an international investor, this is the perfect moment to get closer to local developers and create a portfolio of successful investment opportunities.” John Van Zuylen, CEO, AFSIA Solar.
Day 1 (October 4th): Green Hydrogen and Wind
- Keynote by Hon. Davis Chirchir, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
- Presentations on Africa’s role in the global green hydrogen race, market outlook for green hydrogen in Kenya and East Africa, green hydrogen technology updates, and diversifying wind markets in Africa.
“The REFA event establishes a crucial platform for renewable energy players from across Africa, and beyond, to come together in the spirit of spurring on investment in renewables in the region. Africa has immense untapped potential, and by providing space to learn, exchange, network and do business, REFA is contributing significantly to Africa’s clean energy transition.” Máté Heisz, Director of Global Affairs, SolarPower Europe.
Day 2 (October 5th): Solar and Storage
- Panel discussions on topics including financing small-scale C&I solutions across Africa, the utility 3.0 opportunity, solar and storage competing with baseload thermal power, solar investment opportunities in Mozambique, productive use and mini-grids, scaling the African storage market, hybrid projects, and net-metering in Africa.
The Renewable Energy Forum Africa is an event supported by GET.invest, a European programme which aims to mobilise investment in renewable energy supported by the European Union, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and Austria.
“There is a tangible sense of a change of momentum for renewable energy in Africa. On behalf of our contributors, GET.invest is proud to support the Renewable Energy Forum Africa to bring under one roof institutional and private investors together with companies and project developers in order to catalyse more clean energy investment for African countries. Join the REFA conference in Nairobi on 4-6 October and be a part of the rise of renewables.” Michael
Franz, Team Leader at GET.invest
Day 3 (October 6th): e-Mobility
- Keynote by H.E. Henriette Geiger, European Union Ambassador to Kenya
- Panel discussions on e-mobility companies in Africa, successful business models, and ensuring long-term quality of e-mobility technology in the African context.